I used to blog daily. For years I blogged daily. One day I read that Google will delete inactive accounts after two years of complete disuse, which deletes emails, blogs, and everything else associated with that account. I felt kind of betrayed. I had blindly assumed that anything on the internet would be permanent!
It kind of took the wind out of me to think that my decades of pouring words onto pages will go away in a puff of smoke 2 years after I die. How’s that for a positive vibe? Would that make you want to continue? It made me think, “Did I waste all that time?
Then I read that people don't really read blogs any more. They're more into videos and quick blasts of entertainment. Nobody reads blogs any more?! That just made it worse. To make a long story short, I stepped away from blogging for quite a while.
Now, it seems I've gone and created yet another blog. I must be a glutton for punishment. This one is just a bunch of gearhead stories.
I still enjoy writing from time to time, and being retired now, I have plenty of time, so here we go again.
No comments:
Post a Comment